There’s nothing as refreshing as a cold and fruity smoothie during the Summer heat, especially as we enter what is often one of the hottest months of the year, August. Different from years past, when the winter was considered the traditional cold and flu “sickly” season, building immunity and staying healthy is at the top of everyone’s minds these days. For good reason, stress (which let’s be honest, we have all been experiencing plenty of in 2020) is very detrimental to your immune system, leaving you more vulnerable to inflammation, viruses and other health issues. We have the perfect way to combine the two- to cool down and stay healthy. If you have 5 minutes, you have time to prepare and make this delicious and only two-step (!) Mango and Turmeric Vitamin C smoothie.
Every ingredient in this smoothie recipe is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant filled, AKA the perfect way to boost your health, immunity and build resistance to the free radicals (like pollution, car exhaust, etc) we face every day. Especially the turmeric, a super herb that’s been used for centuries for a multitude of health benefits, mostly because it’s known to help the body build antibodies and ward off viruses and infections. The addition of the banana provides a creamy taste and long-lasting energy. Not only healthy, this smoothie will have you feeling like you’re on a tropical vacay in no time! Keep reading for the full recipe:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 large orange such as a navel orange with the rind removed
- 1/2 of peeled fresh turmeric or about 1/4-1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender starting with the liquid/soft ingredients and finally adding the frozen (hard) mango chunks. *Since the mango chunks are frozen, no ice is needed for this recipe.
- Blend the smoothie for 40-60 seconds, until well combined.